Our current reading series, Journeys c 2011, which is published by Hougthon Mifflin Harcout Publishing Company, has an online component called THINKCentral. On this website, students can access their reading textbook as well as other reading resources. Your child’s teacher has the option of making these reading resources as well as specific assignments available to students. This component is another tool that can be utilized to make reading a success for students.
To log on to THINKCentral, please follow these steps;
1. 1. Go to www.thinkcentral.com
2. 2. Select “Reading & Language Arts” on the left side bar
3. 3. Select Journey’s Common Core in the top row of reading series
4. 4. A new screen will appear with several drop down menus.
5. 5. Click log in
If you click “Remember My Information”, you will have a quicker log in process in the future.
Once you are in THINKCentral, please use the attached THINKCentral Guide to help navigate your way through the site. Our goal is to grow life-long readers. We hope that this site helps to support our students as they learn and grown in their reading abilities.
Travis B. Barta
For more information about Journeys , visit http://hmheducation.com/journeys.
For Technical Support & questions on-line please call 1-800-210-9157 Monday through Friday between 8:30AM-5:30PM Eastern Time or Email: email@example.com.
1. Go to https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com
2. Select Pennsylvania,
Apollo-Ridge School District,
Apollo-Ridge Elementary School, Spring Church 15686
3. To make it easier to login later, check Remember My Organization
4. Student Name:
Enter user name: <enter your cafeteria ID number>
Enter password: <if you don't know your password, please call Amy Kunkle in the office ext. 5000>
5. Click Login.
THE STUDENT’S DESKTOP
· Things to Doopens a list of all your assignments
· My Libraryshows all your available materials
· My Test Scoresdisplays all scores you have received from taking on-line assessments
The links on the left side of the page match those on the Desktop. Other navigation at the top of the page includes:
· Home – return to the Desktop
· Help – instructions for current page
· Logout – exit ThinkCentral
You will probably use this feature the most.
My Library allows you to view and access all of your reading materials, including your online book.
· Click My Library
· Select Subject-Reading
· Click an image to open it.
Just Looking lets you search for resources within your Library.
· Choose your Subject-Reading
· Type a keyword to Search
· Click Find.
Click on any of the results to view a resource.
THINGS TO DO
This feature may or may not be used by your teacher. The Things to Do list is where you will see any assignments that your teacher has given you, including old ones.
The next assignment that is due is shown at the top of the list. Only 4 To Do items are shown at a time. To see more, you can use the buttons at the bottom of the screen. You may also choose to find only tests by choosing Tests Only in the dropdown next to Show.
· Read the items listed under Assignment. To see details, click the assignment’s name.
· The next column, Due Date, tells when you have to complete the assignment.
· The Done column is a checklist that lets you keep track of what you have completed. For tests, ThinkCentral checks the box in the Done column. For all other assignments, you can check the box yourself.
· Old Stuff allows you to see a list of previous assignments.
TAKING A TEST ONLINE
This feature may or may not be used by your teacher.
To take a test that has been assigned to you, click on the test assignment’s name. The test will open and display instructions. When you are ready to begin, click Start Test. Answer each question and click Next. When you are finished, click Score Test. To submit your test, click OK. A test report will show you how you did on questions scored by ThinkCentral.
MY ONLINE TEST SCORES
My Test Scores shows all the scores you have received for tests taken online only.
· Your most recent test is shown at the top of the page.
· Previous tests are listed beneath your most recent test.
· To navigate through all the test listings, click Next, Back or the page numbers.
· To see your test results, click on the test name.
The Test Results screen shows the name of the test, the date which you took it, the number of questions on the test, your score, teacher comments and all of the test questions. If you click on the name or number of question, the question will open for you to review it.
Your answer will be checked with a small icon:
· A green checkshows that it was correct.
· A red X shows that it was incorrect.
Some questions may require your teacher to score them. If a test displays (in My Test Scores) as “Not Scored”, then you will need to wait for your teacher to finish grading the test before being able to see the final score.
FOR FURTHER HELP
This guide is to help get you started. If you need further assistance, please contact your teacher or call/email technical support at: